Class Response: 2

Fortunately for me, my mental health was significantly better and I was able to come to class. I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning of the class where we not only acknowledged the traditional territories that we live, work, and attend school on we also touched on pressing issues in our world at the moment. Reconciliation is huge and the fact that we took class time away to talk about Orange shirt day and the importance of this was very well received on my end. As an Indigenous student touching on aspects like this is important in order to spread information and to keep everyone informed about what is going on in the world.

The next part of the more traditional lesson I also found to be extremely interesting. I loved how hands-on the activity was and how we self-guided through each exercise just by following the instruction sheet. I found the video editing to not only be very beneficial for the future but also extremely fun. I enjoyed getting to play with different transitions, sound effects, music and a variety of funny titles. I liked getting to create my own story for each clip I edited and created my own backstory for the goats, the chicken and everyone involved in the videos we edited. I thoroughly enjoyed a chance to play around with iMovie because it opened up a whole field of activity and lesson plans for children. It allows me to be able to teach basic-level video editing to my students and use the site as a resource in my classroom.