Improving Math Literacy

Posted in: Uncategorised | 0

Welcome to our tec-inquiry project! I am working on this project with one of my classmates Sam Fry so these posts can also be found over on her blog.  Over the next two months, we will be making weekly blog posts where we explore our inquiry question: How can we use technology to improve math literacy in students?  We plan on looking at a variety of studies on this topic as well as the different tools that can be found for free online that educators can easily access. Through these resources, we would like to be able to find ways that educators can create engaging and informative math lessons with integrated beneficial technology.

Why did we choose to focus on math and technology as opposed to a different technology-related topic?   Math is an area of education that can always use new ideas on different ways to teach students its fundamental concepts.  As a subject, math is very polarizing and students often either love or hate the topic. By using technology to educate and engage students, we can hope to increase the number of students we enjoy the subject.

I hope you join us on our learning journey as we explore the world of technology in an effort to improve math education.