Can’t Help Falling in love with Uke!

Today I was very nervous because although I have filmed at least one video every time I practice today it was the real deal. I started off trying to film “Riptide” by Vance Joy and because I am a perfectionist my boyfriend had to film it at least 12 times. I learned however not everything can go perfect every time you play. In some videos I lost my strumming pattern, in others, my chord switches weren’t as seamless as I had hoped and in others, I plain messed up. However, I know that I have been working extremely hard and practicing every day to get better and better. In this video, you can tell I am a bit nervous but I felt I am very close to achieving my musical growth chart goals. I am for the most part seamlessly switching chords, I memorized the chord progression and started to hold the ukulele better. I was able to sing and play even if I needed to look at the lyrics while I played. Overall I feel pretty confident with playing the ukulele.

Next, I decided to film myself playing “I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” by Elvis Presley. This song is something that means a lot to me as my grandmother used to sing it to me as a bedtime story. I felt like this song deserved to be learned and filmed because it includes all the chords I originally wanted to learn and it is quite complicated for how simple and short it is. Overall I am very happy with my progress and I cant wait to continue to learn!