The Final Stitch

Beginning of the End:

Well, I was determined the other day to finally finish my very first embroidery project. Although, it is not the cleanest thing I have ever seen or the best I have ever seen it was homemade and I worked very hard at it. I ran into many complications over finishing my project which led me to get upset and frustrated. I powered through though and knew it would feel better when I got it all done. To start it took me twenty minutes! to thread my needle which you can imagine is pretty frustrating. After I finally got the needle thread I started off my first stitch and as I pulled it through I got the string tangled. This began to discourage my process as I had so much other work to complete but I told myself greatness isn’t achieved by cutting corners and giving up.

I continued on with my vine stitch and the french knot which I just learned and is harder than it looks. The french knot requires you to make a knot in the string before pulling the string through to make a stitch. It creates a textured look that resembles weeping willows or lilac. Overall, I kept making the knot to high up and having to fix it and sometimes it did not work out great. After about two hours’ worth of work, I managed to finish my first embroidery project. I am proud of it and my mom is definitely getting it for Christmas! shhh! (don’t tell her). Overall my first embroidery project turned out pretty good and I am happy I was able to make something.