Inclusive distance learning

Posted in: Uncategorised | 0

This week was a lesson that really resonated with me. As I wrote in my first blog, I was asked to leave school for about three months because of a cough I developed. When I was allowed to return to school I was significantly behind in all aspects of my studies.  If my teacher had allowed my attendance to be over a video chat, I would have been given an equal playing field along with my peers.  Unfortunately, these accommodations were not offered and so, my education floundered. As a teacher, I will do my absolute best to accommodate all my students whether that be through modifications, alterations, or distant learning.  The other half of the class was spent listening to our peers talk about what they have learned in their technology inquiry projects.  Joshua taught us about google apps, and how we can use them in the classroom.  Although they are beneficial for collaborate work and for homework, I believe, storing children’s private information in another country is not ideal.  Lauren, Conrad, Leona, maxi, spoke on, the importance of mindfulness applications as a form of brain breaks, they showed the effect this can have on student engagement, and the vibe this can have in the classroom. the last group talked about the importance of the speech to text and text to speech programs, for children with cognitive or physical deficits. This week, I sprained my wrist and had to have my boyfriend type my dictations because it was too sore to type, if speech to text was cheaper I would have been able to be more self-sufficient while recovering from this injury. thankfully I have people around me to assist me, and type for me as a text to speech would do.